Original Link here, recipe by Melissa Clark: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021225-the-crunchiest-summer-fruit-crumble
I haven’t tried the fruit filling, but have found the topping (or half a topping recipe) great on other pies.
- 1 ½ cups/190 grams all-purpose flour
- ½ cup/50 grams rolled oats
- ⅓ cup/75 grams light or dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup/65 grams granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom, ginger or allspice, or use lemon zest
- ½ cup/115 grams unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and cooled
- Mix all the topping ingredients, squish into coarse crumbs. Largest crumbs should be about 1/2 inch in size. If you try making them bigger they’ll end up as rock-crumble. S complains.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet, bake at 350F (325 in the toaster) until fragrant. They will not be golden brown.