This recipe produces a full 10″ skillet worth. Probably 6-8 non giant burritos.
- 1 cup chopped walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano – didn’t have any
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic & onion powders
- 1/4-1/2c broth
- Simmer lentils until tender (~15-20 depending on soaking). Set aside
- Toast walnuts. Set aside.
- Saute the onions and spices in a pan, once they’re translucent (but not caramelized), add the lentils and walnuts. Toss and add some broth until it’s appropriately damp.
Ideas for next time:
- Add canned tomatoes, mushrooms?
- Season differently (pomegranate syrup & pita?)