- 1 medium head of cabbage chopped into small pieces — I used savoy cabbage
- 2 tomatoes diced — I used 3 canned tomatoes, cut up, and some of their liquid
- 1/4-1/2c diced onion
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (I used brown)
- a heavy pinch of garam masala
- cilantro for garnish – I skipped
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil and add cumin, mustard and onions. Brown, then add cabbage and diced tomato. Salt & pepper.
Cover and toss until fully cooked and a bit browned. Add tomato liquid or water if needed (I added ~1/4c of water). Add a pinch of garam masala a couple minutes before it’s finished. Garnish with cilantro.